Blogs

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thing 11

I've been using Del.ic.ious for a few months now. It's great to be able to access my favorite sites from any computer. Also, the tagging is an awesome organizer as it would be impossible, otherwise, to keep track of information.
What's new for me is using it for research. I tried searching a few topics and got hits on every inquiry. The implications here could be quite interesting for high school students as an alternative to the almighty Google search. Of course, our media program offers amazing databases as well, but students might appreciate the "2.0-ness" of Del.ic.ious as one more way to access information.
In regards to our library, there's no end to the ways we could use Del.ic.ious for organizing pathfinders. This will be an exciting option as we develop our new web page. I have tagged all the libraries mentioned in 23 Things on a Stick. The sites they find useful are gold mines for my quest to develop relevant links for the patrons of my media center.

1 comment:

Miss Shelved said...

Found you! Lesley Hendrickson here (aka Musings from Miss Shelved). I've just completed my 23 Things and it has been a blast. I too love del.ici.ous. I figured out that I can also use it to leave myself clues for passwords I need to use sites I may not access very frequently. Doing the 23 things I would frequently hurry through creating a profile for some new "thing" (heck -- you don't know if it will be of any use yet!) and then not remember my user name and password. Library Thing is another biggie for me. See you Tuesday!

Say hello (and congrats on the 25 years!) to John.